When I first made my list, I was a senior in high school and still didn’t know where I would be going to college. Now I am in my junior year, and I am proud to say that I accomplished a lot of what I had on my list! Here is the final list to show you what I officially accomplished and what I didn’t finish.
Begin: January 1, 2015End: September 28, 2017Completed: (81/101)
School/ Reading/ Learning new skills (12/13)
Pick my college
Buy a new laptop
Read 5 classic books (1984, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Huckleberry Finn, As I Lay Dying, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close )
Read 20 new books total (124/20 – 1984, The Beginning of Everything, PLL #16, Let It Snow, The Book Thief, Divergent, The Orphan Train, Cinder, The Girl on the Train, All the Bright Places, What Alice Forgot, I Was Here, The One & Only, First Love, Insurgent, The Tipping Point, Vanishing Girls, The Devil In The White City, Defending Jacob, Allegiant, Crossing the Line, Luckiest Girl Alive, Just One Year, Just One Day, Just One Night, Saint Anything, A Hundred Summers, Fangirl, Let’s Get Lost, What I Thought Was True, All The Light We Cannot See, Save Yourself, Library of Souls, Brain on Fire, Everything Leads To You, The Art Of Lainey, Hattie Ever After, The Here and Now, Allegra, 6 Months Later, The Luxe, Talking Pictures, Along The Infinite Sea, The Secret Life of Violet Grant, What She Knew, The Nightingale, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, Go Set A Watchman,P.S. I Still Love You, My Life After Now, The Summer I Turned Pretty, The Language of Flowers, The Opposite of Loneliness, The Devil You Know, Pieces of My Mother: A Memoir, Big Little Lies, The After Party, The Boys in the Boat, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Hold Still, Vivian Apple at the End of the World, The Good Girl, Cartwheel, Better Off Friends, Who I Kissed, Visitation Street: A Novel, Hattie Big Sky, A Walk to Remember, We Were Liars, Damage Done, How I Lost You, Extraordinary Means, Guyaholic, These Girls: A Novel, All We Have Is Now, Rethink Missions, Skipping a Beat: A Novel, What Happened To Goodbye, Things You Won’t Say, A Bend in the Road, A Summer Affair, Dreamland, Present Over Perfect, Along For The Ride, Utopia, Candide, The Choice, Huckleberry Finn, My Antonia, The Hypnotist’s Love Story, This Lullaby, As I Lay Dying, The Woman In Cabin 10, The Last Anniversary, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, The Perfect Neighbors, The Girl You Left Behind, Modern Lovers, 4:50 from Paddington, The Circle, Until I Say Goodbye: My Year of Living With Joy, Three Wishes, The Boy Most Likely To, Wonder, Replacement Child, Pretty Girls, The Magnolia Story, The Widow, Behind Closed Doors, Emmy & Oliver, 13 Little Blue Envelopes, Where They Found her, The Last Little Blue Envelope, The Running Dream, Into the Water: A Novel, In a Dark, Dark Wood, The Moon and More, The Breakdown, Never Let You Go, Smart Girls Get What They Want, True Believer, Dear John, Choosing to SEE).
Read 5 biographies/ nonfiction (5/5- Brain on Fire, Pieces of My Mother, The Boys In The Boat, The Replacement Child, My Year of Living With Joy,)
Read at least 30 minutes every day for 2 weeks(2/13/15-2/26/15)
Take a random online class
Learn basic sign language (Januaury 2017)
Learn calligraphy11. Learn to write better with my right hand (I’m left handed!)
Learn a new skill (I learned how to use a darkroom for a photography class- 1/13/16)
13. Learn to play a song on an instrument- definitely attempted to play a song on the guitar, but apparently my small hands just aren’t cut out for playing the guitar haha.
For Others (4/5)
Leave a 100% tip (June 25, 2015)
Pay for someone in line behind me
16. Buy a strangers meal
Give 5 “just because” gifts (brownies to K, 5 scrapbooks for friends)
Volunteer somewhere (1/22/16)
Create a gallery wall
20. Buy something from a thrift store and DIY it
Make a senior year scrapbook (I did not make one for myself, but I made 5 different ones for
friends so that counts!
Paint something (a painting, something random, etc)
Complete and blog about 3 Pinterest Projects (Twig DIY Decor, DIY Blanket Scarf, DIY Globe )
Visit 3 new states (DC- yes not really a state but it kinda counts?, Minnesota, Iowa, Virginia)
Go to 3 concerts (4/04/15, 8/10/15, 10/07/15, 10/12/15, 10/2016, 3/2017)
26. Go to an amusement park
Try something at 5 cafes (5/5)
Go to a baseball game (June 18, 2015)
29. Try a Laudree macaron-
Go to the Mall of America
See a famous landmark I haven’t seen I saw so many in DC!
Go to a beach
Go on a missions trip
Go to a festival (Local fair with friends on 7/31/15)
Visit a new city (San Juan-March 2015)
Day trip to Chicago with friends
Go on a boat (big or small!)
Visit 2 HS friends at college (2/2)
Go 2 weeks without sweets/candy (In Jamaica I barely had any, and that is the closest I am going to get!)
40. Do a 5K
Go to bed by 10pm every day for 2 weeks straight (January 2017)
42. Hold a plank for 2 minutes
another 30 Day Challenge
e able to do and hold a handstand (June 2015)
Go hiking somewhere (Hiked up a waterfall in Jamaica!)
Spiritual/ Personal (7/9)
45. Read the entire Bible (55/66)
Find a church I like at college
47. Complete the Romans Challenge (Read Romans 1-8 for 50 days)
Write in a journal every day for 1 month (July 2015)
Write a letter to be opened at the end of the 1001 days
Make my bed for a week straight (June 2015)
Unplug for 24 hours (1/29/16)
Change my hair (2/19/15- I cut about half of it off!)
Take a bath (I can’t remember the last time I did… I always just shower) (July 2015)
Meet a blogger in real life
Blog every day for a month (July 2015)
Buy a nice camera
Learn to use nice camera
58. Get to 10,000 Pinterest followers
59. Get to 5,000 Instagram followers
Reach (and maintain!) Inbox Zero
Double my daily page views (June 2015!)
Host another blog link-up (What I Wish My Non-Blogging Friends Knew)
Do another video (Thrift Store Challenge: Dresses)
64. Host a brunch for friends
Go on a picnic
Send 10 cards/ letters to HS friends while in college (10/10)
68. Go to a drive-in movie
Host another board game night (July 14, 2015)
Have a Pinterest/crafting party
71. Have a cookie exchange party
Go iceskating (1/09/15)
73. Go sledding
Do a leaf pile photo shoot (11.22.2016)
See a play or musical
Take pictures in a photo booth (4/07/15)
77. Have a snowball fight
Go to a corn maze (10.17.15)
Get a real job (July 2015)
Set off a floating lantern( 9.5.15)
Watch a sunrise (November 2016)
82. Get my nails done (I always just do them myself!)
Go one month without shopping (10.07.15-11.07.15)
Try 5 new foods ( 5/5- shark, calamari, quesito, fronut, naan)
Meet someone who inspires me
86. Vote in an election
See a shooting star (8/12/15)
Buy a monogrammed baseball hat
89. Buy a Diptyque candle
Buy fresh flowers for myself just because
Invest in a high end piece (makeup or fashion)
92. Collect 2 coffee table books
Find a go to lip color
Find my signature scent
Organize my bathroom cabinet
Use up most of my BBW products (too many lotions and sprays over here…)
Get rid of 10 things without replacing them
Get rid of old magazines99. Come up with 101 things ( this was very challenging!)100. Finish this list101. Make a new list for the next 1001 days!
Goals I didn’t complete & comments:
- learn to play a song on a new instrument- attempted to learn a song on a guitar but my small hands aren’t cut out for it apparently lol
- buy a strangers meal- I didn’t do this and I am bummed that I never thought of it when I was out!
- buy something from a thrift store and DIY it- I bought something, but I haven’t completed the DIY yet… fail!
- go to an amusement park- honestly I am not really that into amusement parks so I am not sure why I put this to begin with?
- try a Laudree macaron- considering how I didn’t travel anywhere with one, I couldn’t. But I did find Le Bon macarons in Grand Rapids, and they sell the best macarons I have tried! So halfway successful?
- do a 5K- no excuse for this one… but I am adding it to my new list in hopes that I will do one soon!
- hold a plank for 2 minutes- 2 minutes doesn’t sound like a long time… but yikes.
- read the entire Bible- so close! Honestly I am so proud of myself for reading as much as I did. This summer I especially read a lot, so I am hoping to start over and read the entire Bible within the next year or two.
- complete the Romans challenge- Honestly I was saving this for when I read the whole Bible, so I just never got around to it.
- get to 10,000 Pinterest followers- My Pinterest wasn’t growing much for a year or two, but I am happy to say we are finally growing again! This goal was still too far out there, but I am readjusting it for my next list.
- get to 5,000 Instagram followers- yikes. Instagram. Honestly I don’t think I have grown at all since I began this list because of all the follow/unfollow and the algorithm stuff. I also didn’t post much during my freshman… or sophomore year. So that is also partially on me!
- host a brunch with friends- never did this, but now that I am in my own apartment I hope to do it soon!
- go to a drive-in movie- bummed this never worked out during this previous summer, but fingers crossed it happens next summer!
- have a cookie exchange party- this was a goal I kind of lost interest in, so I didn’t complete it.
- go sledding- I mean what can I say except that the best snow occurred right before finals last winter… and I was in Jamaica during snowy January so…have a snowball fight- see above
- get my nails done- honestly not too bummed that I didn’t do this one. I am sure someday I will get them done, but I enjoy painting them myself and have plenty of colors to choose from! Plus it saves me so much money to do them myself.
- vote in an election- since I go to school in Michigan but am from Illinois, it got more complicated and honestly slipped my mind until it was too late. Next time!
- buy a diptyque candle- this is another one that I just lost interest in. I am sure they are great, but I just don’t really care enough to order one.
- collect 2 coffee table books- not sure what I was thinking when I put this one on here considering how I was going to be living in a dorm and wouldn’t have a coffee table or any place to put pretty books?
- finish this list- I didn’t finish obviously, but I did 81 things! To me, that makes this a success, because I might not have done any of those 81 things if it weren’t for this list!
Goal I am most proud of:
- reading 124 books when I thought even 20 would be a stretch! I am so glad that I have started reading more in the past few years, and I can’t wait to continue that in the future.
Goals I am transferring to my new list:
- go to a drive in movie
- read the entire Bible
- do a 5K
- get my nails done
Goals that challenged me the most
- Blogging every day for a month
- reading the whole Bible
- Learn basic sign language
Here are some pictures of things that I did! I didn’t capture everything, but here are a few that I could find!
#25- Colony House concert
Overall, I am so glad that I chose to make this 101 in 1001 list during my senior year! It got me out of my comfort zone many times, and I did do 81 things! (Just saying, if this was a test in school, I would have gotten a B, so that’s not too shabby lol.)
Check back next Monday to see my new 101 in 1001 list! Also, if you want to make your own 101 in 1001 list, click here for some tips I shared right after I made my first one. If you have any questions or comments related to 101 in 1001 lists, leave them in the comments!