This week on Trendy Talks I interview Carly from The College Prepster. I am sure that most of you have heard of her before and probably read her blog too. I love reading her blog because she posts frequently! I loved having the opportunity to send her a few questions and read her answers, and I hope you guys learn something new about her too from the interview!
1. How did your blog begin?
started my blog when I was a freshman at Georgetown University. I was
struggling with my classes and desperately needed a creative outlet. One
of my friends suggested that I should start a blog… and the rest is
2. How many hours do you spend each week blogging?
I spend about three hours a day specifically creating content for my blog– I always have a post up at midnight
and try for a second post in the afternoon. But then there are more
hours spent on the “micro-blogs” and other social platforms!
3. As a blogger you are able to collaborate with different companies and people. What has your favorite collaboration been?
always love working with Kate Spade. They were my first “real”
collaboration when I was featured on their blog as the “east coast
blogger” when I graduated. And then I had an incredibly amazing trip
with Barbour where I toured Scotland and England with the brand… Most
recently, I loved working with Teen Vogue and Sperry.
4. How do you come up with ideas for new posts?
I rely a lot on my own personal life for inspiration!
5. What 3 words best describe your personal style?
Classic, tailored, and girly.
6. What are your favorite stores to shop at?
Crew is my favorite because I always know exactly what size I am…
makes it super easy to pick up a few things. And I love the Kate Spade
store on the Upper East Side for inspiration and the Club Monaco store
on 5th Ave for general obsessing.
7. What is your favorite part of owning Teddy?
Walking with him every morning. Seriously the best way to start each day!
8. Where is your favorite place to go in NYC?
Central Park is always a great escape!
9. Is there anything you want to accomplish this summer?
Eat as many meals as possible outside! ha!
10. Where would you go if you could travel to any place in the world right now?
Probably Tampa– I miss my family!
How cute is Teddy… I definitely want a pup like him someday! And I definitely agree with Carly about eating outside a lot this summer! Do you have anything in common with Carly? Did you learn something new about her in this post? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Want to be featured in a future Trendy Talks post? Email me at email@example.com with “Trendy Talks” in the subject line!