Recently I have been thinking a lot about what I am going to do this summer. Will I nanny again like last summer? Or will I just spend my summer days relaxing, blogging, hanging out with friends, traveling, and just being a normal teenage girl?! Every summer is always the best summer ever, so I have no doubt that summer 2014 is going to be great!
Here are a few ideas of things you might be interested in trying if you have the summer off too!
- Get a job– It could be any job you want! Just apply to a few places and see what happens.
- Take a class– It is always a good idea to pick up a new skill such as cooking or something like that. Or you could take a class at a local college to get ahead. Lastly, trying a new workout class is always a great idea!
- Get an internship– If you want something that will look awesome on resumes and applications, try finding an internship that interests you! There are so many awesome ones out there!
- Volunteer- Personally I love to volunteer and help people, so this is definitely something I will be doing again this summer!
- Go on a missions trip– I have been one two missions trips in the past year and I have to say they were both amazing and I it is so fulfilling knowing that you spent a week somewhere new helping people! I am very excited because there is a chance I will be going on another one soon, but I will keep you posted on that!
- Travel somewhere new– Summer is the perfect time to book a flight and explore new places!
- Make a bucket list- If you are staying in town a lot like I did last summer, try making a fun list of things to do! I am going to begin making one soon for summer 2014!
- Spend time blogging– If you have a blog, spend some time writing posts so you can post consistently. Also, maybe redesign your blog! Don’t forget to devote time to social media as well.
Last summer I was only supposed to nanny for a family 10-20 hours a week, depending on what they needed. It turned out to be 20+ hours every week, I had to get there at 7am most days, and there was 5 kids. Needless to say by the end I was almost glad school was starting. I recommend laying out rules before you say yes in the beginning. If I had known I would have don’t something differently. This year the same family asked me to do 20-30 hours each week this summer, and I had to decline because last summer it took up all my time and I was afraid this year it would turn into 30+ hours a week which is way too much! I have so much else to do and don’t have time for that. 🙂
So this summer my plans are still tentative but I am planning on working only 1-2 days a week. Then I also have a few travel plans set up, which I am so excited about! Also, I might be taking a class or two, and I will definitely be applying for many scholarships and possibly beginning college applications! Yikes! Then I will also be able to spend a good amount of time just relaxing, spending time with friends, and blogging. I am so excited too because once summer comes I will be able to read lots of books again! (Nerd alert lol.)
What are your plans for summer 2014? I would love to hear about them!