When Cathleen emailed about the #bloggersgetcooking linkup, I was so excited! I love to bake things, so I knew this was the perfect excuse to whip up something yummy. I know that pumpkin is generally a fall flavor, but long story short we had a can of pumpkin that needed to be used so I found this easy recipe!
- 4 eggs
- 1 2⁄3cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1(15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- Cut into bars.
- To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix again.
- Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
This recipe was found originally here and I found it via Pinterest. It was really delicious, especially the icing! I also decided to make a little video to go along with it, so don’t forget to watch that!
Do you enjoy seeing occasional cooking posts on here? Would you be interested in seeing more videos as well… maybe fashion related? Tell me in the comments as I love experimenting with new content!