Fun fact: I have 3 cats so no outfit is complete without pet hair in my house! Over the years I have found some great ways to keep pet hair from getting on my clothes and how to get it off before I leave the house. Today I wanted to share my favorite tips with you guys in case you have an animal and deal with this issue too!
1. Use a lint roller to get hair off- Before you leave the house, just run it over your clothes to make sure you don’t have a ton of hair on your clothes.
2. Keep an emergency roll of masking tape in your car- I can’t even count how many times I have arrived somewhere and looked down to see my nice black pants have white hair all over them. I now keep a roll of tape in my console and use it if needed!
3. Wear patterns- I have one cat who is almost all white and his hair gets everywhere. If I wear dark colors like black or navy, I have to be SO careful. But if I wear a patterned top, the hair doesn’t show as much since it is already busy.
4. Wear lounge clothes during a play session- If I am snuggling, playing with, or brushing my cats, I always make sure I am wearing clothes that are either easy to get the hair off of or clothes that I don’t care if they get hairy.
5. Brush your pets- Speaking of brushing, if you brush you pet once a day for a few minutes, it definitely helps keep the hair off of you and everything else in your house!
6. Clean your house- The worst thing is sitting down on your bed or couch only to realize you just got pet hair all over your back side. This is a simple fix- just wash your bedding every week or so and vacuum your couches as much as your floor! Or just sit on chairs that don’t have hair 😉
7. Choose wisely when buying clothes- Certain fabrics attract hair and fuzzies more, so check the fabric before you buy it. For me, any time I have to buy something black, I always check to see if it already has fuzzies or hair on it. If it doesn’t, it is probably a good sign.
Also, the cat in the above picture was a kitten that my friend had. So yes, it is my picture but it isn’t my cat. If you want to see my cats, checkout my Instagram! I hashtag all of the pictures with my cats #thetrendycat so feel free to search that on Instagram to see them.
How do you keep pet hair off of your clothes? Share in the comments!