Just a short disclaimer before I begin: I don’t not personally always follow all these rules. I may or may not be known for keeping lip products or nail polish until I physically cannot use them anymore.
Anyways, since we are in the midst of Organization April here, I thought this would be the perfect time to throw this in! I am not an expert or anything, but I have done some research so you just have to read one post to learn about them all.
- Mascara: 3 months
- Lip gloss: 18 months
- Lipstick: 24 months
- Eyeshadow: 18-36 months
- Blush and Bronzer: 12-18 months
- Foundation: 6-12 months
- Concealer: 6-12 months
- Body Lotion: 12-24 months
- Face wash: 12 months
- Hairspray: 2-3 years
- Nail Polish: 1-2 years
More things to remember:
- If you have an eye infection or something like that, throw out the infected makeup as well!
- Keep makeup in a cool, dry environment (AKA not your bathroom!) to avoid bacteria build up.
- Always clean brushes or anything else you use to apply makeup, especially if you have any infection!
- If something changes in scent, color, or texture: TOSS IT IMMEDIATELY!
Okay now it is time to take a few minutes and spring clean your products! How long do you normally keep your cosmetic items? Let me know in the comments!