We have all said it before. “I’m bored.” When I was younger, I said it all the time. Maybe my life wasn’t very exciting. Maybe I really did have nothing to do. I am not sure, but now when I hear people say they are bored all I can do is stare. It is so hard for me to imagine having nothing to do. Between school, friends, family, babysitting, sports, and blogging, I always have something I could be doing. Today I decided to make a list of things I do when I could be saying “I’m bored.”
- Take a walk
- Play with a pet
- Write in your journal
- Read a book
- Read a magazine
- Paint your nails
- Clean your room
- Do homework
- Study for a test
- Work on a project
- Work ahead on schoolwork (If you know you have to do something soon, might as well just finish it now!)
- Listen to music
- Be artistic
- Organize something
- Enter a giveaway or contest or scholarship if you are going to college!
- Pick out outfits for the week
- Play with a pet
- Spend some time reading the Bible/spending time with God
- Bake something
Now here is a list for bloggers out there.
- Write a new post (or five!)
- Brainstorm possible post ideas
- Spend time pinning on Pinterest
- Spend time interacting on Twitter
- Style and post an instagram picture!
- Contact a company
- Contact another blogger about a collab
- Keep in touch with your bloggy friends!
- Clean your inbox out and reply to every email
- Schedule posts or tweets
Now I am sure there are a lot more things I could add to this list, but you get the point. Think for a few minutes and I can guarantee there is something you could be doing! In fact, I wrote this post on a night when I had NO homework or schoolwork of any sort… nothing even to work ahead on because it either hadn’t been assigned yet or I had already done it! So I decided to find something to do instead of just refreshing twitter every 10 seconds (we are all guilty of that.)
What else do you do to battle boredom? Tell me in the comments!