Today I am going to reflect on the goals I made on New Year’s Eve last year! I am going to talk about why some of them got accomplished, and some of them didn’t.
- Reach 400 Bloglovin‘ Followers Well, this one obviously got accomplished! I currently have over 825 Bloglovin’ followers, and I am gaining more every day!
- Reach 1200 GFC followers This one, on the other hand, did not get accomplished. I think it is because a lot more people (including myself) have switched over to primarily following blogs on Bloglovin, so I gained way more on there than I did on GFC!
- Reach 600 twitter followers Check check! Thank you to all my followers!
- Successfully host my first giveaway! Check! Thanks to everyone who entered my giveaways this year!
- Include more DIY posts, since I love doing them and most people like reading them I would say this one was pretty successful… from painting pumpkins to making ombre vests!
- Add a signature to the end of my posts I had one for quite a few months, but since I am making over my blog, I took it down for the time being.
- Add a blog button that others can grab on the side of my blog I have a button, but I am not displaying it in the side of my blog because I decided that’s kind of tacky, at least in my opinion! If I need it because I am advertising on a blog, then I have it available. So I would say this was succcessful!
- Add categories at the top of my blog to make different posts easier to find I began to do this, but haven’t added all the categories I wanted to add yet. So halfway done!
- Create a newsletter I decided it wouldn’t be worth my time until my blog grows more because I am not posting often enough or having enough special projects and stuff to write about in the newsletter!
- Create a survey to help me know what YOU want to see more of I also decided not to do this for many reasons, but please comment or tweet me any time you have comments and requests!
- Update my media kit check! I am very happy with the way it is right now, but I probably need to re-update it soon!
- Blog at least twice a week every week (gonna be hard some weeks!) I am not really sure if this was a success or not, but I didn’t go weeks without blogging like I did last year, so honestly I accomplished what I needed to!
- Try GIF’s on my blog for something different Another thing I decided not to do, but I did make a Vine for my blog which is sort of similar… lol not really but I tried something new! I also made an instagram, so that was a big accomplishment as well!
- Keep my room cleaner and more organized Check! I have come up with a pretty good system to keep everything nice and neat!
- Work harder this semester to get better grades I can’t really remember what I got last year, but I know this semester I am doing really well, so I would say check!
- Get an actual job, even if it does take away from blogging I had a “nanny” job over the summer, which definitely took away from blogging and free time, but it was definitely worth it! So in some ways it was a real job, since I got paid over minimum wage! But in other ways it wasn’t, but I would still say it counts for this!
- Keep an open mind Uhh yeah… I have definitely done this! I have done so many (good) things in the past year that I never would’ve thought I would, and right now when you are reading this I will be somewhere in Europe!
- Exercise every day. Not because I need to lose weight, but so I can gain strength and muscle LOL no. I did not exercise every day, but, I did more than I have in past years. So I wouldn’t say I completed this, but I was making progress.
- Run at least twice a week in the summer even though I hate running Well I don’t really hate running anymore, so that’s a step in the right direction. But I didn’t run 2 times every week because many morning I had to be at work by 7 am so I really didn’t have time! But I ran after kids every day so that counts, right?! lo
- Make at least 1 healthy decision every day I would say most days I did, whether it was working out when I did not want to, or picking a piece of fruit over chips for a snack.
- Finally get a car! Check! The bad part comes now when there isn’t room in our garage for her, and I have to scrape snow and ice off in the mornings 🙁
- Have quiet time for 15 minutes every day During busy days, I really didn’t have time for this. But many days I did, so I would say this one is completed!
- Take shorter showers (yes, I take FOREVER in there, especially when it‘s cold outside!) um… no. I still take my time haha.
- Quit watching pointless shows on TV Check! I only have a few select shows I keep up with now, and many times they are on at different times throughout the year so I don’t watch like 4 a week or anything like that!
- Continue doing at least 1 random act on kindness everyday I don’t think I did one every day, but I have been making a conscious effort to do more, so this was pretty successful!
- Start playing the piano again and become better at it! Well, I learned one new song? That counts for something, right?
Check back soon to see my 2014 goals! I spent the entire month of December making the list, so hopefully I can spend the next year accomplishing things!
Did you accomplish your goals this year? What are some goals you have for the new year? Tell me in the comments!