Today I am going to share with you guys how I made these festive blondies for Thanksgiving. First off, let me tell you guys that yes, I am one of those people who really does not like pumpkin pie. I do like the occasional apple pie, but that is a different story! Give me a mint or chocolate pie, and I would be happy for days! LOL but since Thanksgiving is mainly pumpkin pies, I decided I would make something that still looked like it belonged at the dessert table, yet had some chocolate in it.
They are pretty easy to make, and you can customize them for any holiday by just buying the holiday M&Ms! I waited to post this until now because I figured you can buy some Valentine’s Day M&Ms and make it within the next week or two for a sweet treat!
Chocolate chip cookies in bar form! Makes 36 servings.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 cup M&Ms for to mix in and add a festive look! If you do add M&Ms and don’t want too much chocolate, just add 1 cup of chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, eggs, and brown sugar. Add in milk and vanilla extract and mix well. Gradually add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well blended.
3. Fold in chocolate chips and stir until chips are evenly distributed in dough. Spread dough in
ban and bake 30-35 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars. Serve and enjoy!
Let me know what you favorite Valentine’s Day treat is in the comments! Also, if you try these, let me know!